Don’t be afraid, but this is you, I mean me, I mean us – 15 years in the future. You might be surprised to learn a few things about your life in 2016. Some of these things might shock you. You might read them and hit your knees in prayer asking God to keep them from happening. (Let me just pause here and thank God for unanswered prayer.)
Here’s a reality check for you, my dear – I’m wiser than you. So, listen up, kid.
1) You go by Cynthia now. Sorry, but even your husband thinks Cindy is a cocktail waitress name.
2) You live in Nebraska. And you love it! (Although you miss your family in Michigan.)
3) You don’t eat meat anymore. Really. And you feel great about it.
4) You know that guy Eric you just started dating? Yeah, he’s “the One.” You have two red-headed daughters together.
5) Your sister is your best friend. You talk nearly every day.
6) You have two degrees – a Bachelor’s degree in political science and economics and a Master’s degree in public policy analysis. You still want to change the world, but student loans suck.
7) You love your job. You work with world-renowned organizations and help them change the world.
8) You get to travel. At this point you’ve visited seven countries and next month you’re traveling to two more.
9) You understand better who God is and who you are. Some of your beliefs have changed a lot, but you’ve never been more at peace with your faith, beliefs, and who you are. So, don’t worry when you start to doubt yourself and your fundamentalist beliefs – God’s not done teaching you yet. Be humble.
10) You still write. You will always write. You are a story-teller.
P.S. Don’t worry so much. Life turns out great.